Ideas For Sensory Pools
Sensory pools incorporate a range of multisensory equipment, which is carefully tailored to meet the needs of each user group. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Aromatic oils and diffusers
- Lights, lasers and fog machines
- Projectors, videos and effects wheels with rotating images
- Audio CDs containing relaxing music and sound effects from nature
- Underwater lights, hydro jet systems and wave generators
Some specialist suppliers, such as iRiS, have developed sensory room software to facilitate the operation of their products. From voice-activated sensors to mobile phone applications enabling wireless control over equipment, such software can help make the sensory environment more interactive, in turn developing each individual’s sense of cause and effect.