Advantages Of Sensory Pools
When used correctly, a sensory pool can…
- Stimulate the senses
- Enhance sensory processing
- Encourage exploration and engagement
- Improve fine and gross motor skills
- Support learning and play
- Promote emotional wellbeing
- Improve focus and concentration
- Minimise behavioural problems
- Increase confidence, independence and resilience
- Improve communication, language and social skills
For many users with severe disabilities and learning difficulties, a sensory pool may be the most pleasant environment they have ever experienced. Even just lying in the water and enjoying the sensations carries huge benefits for patient wellbeing and therapeutic efficacy.
For more information on sensory pools, check out the Experia website.